Monday, August 27, 2012

Are You Talking To Me?

So I realize by starting yet ANOTHER blog, many of you will be asking the question, "What's the real focus of your blog and why should I follow it?"

Good question.  Well, as I mentioned in my previous post, I have recently started venturing into ways to accumulate miles and points (primarily through credit card turnover...or "churning") as a means of being able to travel more frequently and little or no cost.

Now admittedly, there are plently of blogs and articles on this subject already.  Stumbling upon some of the more popular of these blogs a few months ago is what actually got me started.  But I also have realized that many of these blogs are written by extreme travel enthusiasts who have been doing this for awhile now and sometimes seem to take it for granted that many of their readers are also experienced at this to some degree.  They also tend to take more exotic vacations and write about their experiences to far-off, obscure places that I personally wouldn't really have much interest in.

This can sometimes make it difficult for a newbie (like myself)  to sort through all the information out there in order to zero in on the basics.  Also, since my travel intentions still remain more on the "non-exotic" side (typically for now I still prefer domestic travel in North America., unless you consider my desire to go to Australia and New Zealand "exotic"), I wanted to write about the places I visit that are close to home.  There are a LOT of great places to visit right here in the good, old U.S.A. and I thought I would share my experiences with those who who have similar desires.

I hope sharing my successes (and failures) as I go through this process will be enlightening, informing, and provide you with the tools and information you need to dive into this yourself.  As we all know, the older you get time just seems to move faster and faster.  I don't want to wait until I am too old or physically not able to do the things and visit the places I have always dreamed about.  Now is the time before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment